Motor Vehicle Accident

Car Accident/Motor Vehicle Lawyers

If you are injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to make a Motor Vehicle Injury Claim.

A motor insurance claim is available to drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.

Our Motor Vehicle Injury Specialists can help with your claim

What compensation can I claim?

Compensation can be claimed for:

  • Loss of income.
  • All medical expenses, both past, continuing and future.
  • Compensation for your pain and suffering.
  • The value of any care and assistance you have received from family and friends free of charge in addition to care, nursing and household assistance from paid professionals.
  • Loss of superannuation entitlements.
  • Loss of financial support from someone on whom you or your family was dependant who died as a result of medical negligence.

When can I claim?

Very strict time limits apply in relation to reporting the accident to the Police, lodging a claim form, and commencing Court proceedings. Don’t delay in obtaining legal advice or you may miss these important time limits. Extensions of time can be obtained but you must act quickly!

What do I have to do to commence a claim?

It is important that your claim form is completed correctly and lodged within 6 months of your accident. If you require assistance with a claim, contact us to make an appointment with one of our specialist motor vehicle accident lawyers. We can also discuss the matter by phone. This consultation is free of charge.

Who pays the claim?

The Green Slip Insurer of the car at fault will pay the claim.

What costs do I have to pay?

We will meet the costs that come with the running of your claim such as fees associated with obtaining expert opinions.

The Insurer generally has to pay some but not all of your legal costs in addition to paying you compensation for your other financial losses. You will pay no costs at all unless we are able to obtain compensation for you.